Food Tour Dhaka Bangladesh | Taste the Best Foods of Dhaka
Our Food Tour Dhaka offers a unique opportunity to experience the rich and diverse culinary culture of Dhaka. From traditional street food to innovative fusion cuisine, our tour takes you on a journey through the city’s best food spots, giving you a taste of the authentic flavors and spices that make Dhaka’s cuisine so special.
Our food tour is led by expert local guides who have a deep knowledge of the city’s food culture. They will take you to hidden gems and insider spots that you won’t find in any guidebook, giving you a true insider’s perspective on Dhaka’s food scene.
This is the first-ever food tour in Dhaka Bangladesh. Till now, Cholo Bangladesh Tours is the only company that is offering the Food tour in Dhaka.
Also, Check our Dhaka City Tour Package
Food Tour Package: Best food tour in Dhaka
Jump to the section
Before diving into the food scene in Dhaka, it’s important to understand its history. Dhaka’s food culture is heavily influenced by its past rulers, including the Mughals, British, and Portuguese. This has led to a blend of traditional Bangladeshi cuisine with foreign flavors and techniques. Additionally, the city’s location along the Ganges Delta has made seafood a prominent ingredient in many dishes.
Must-Try Dishes in Dhaka
- Fuchka- Fuchka is a popular street food in Dhaka and throughout Bangladesh. It consists of small, crispy shells made from flour or semolina, which are filled with a mixture of boiled potatoes, chickpeas, spices, and tamarind water.
- Kola Bhorta (Mashed Banana ) – Kola bhorta, also known as mashed banana, is a traditional Bangladeshi dish that is very popular with young eaters. It has a mix flavor of sour,sweet and a little spicy.
- Biriyani – a rice dish with spices, meat, and sometimes vegetables, biriyani is a staple in Bangladeshi cuisine. In Dhaka, there are many variations to try, including the popular Kacchi Biriyani.
- Bhapa Pitha – a steamed rice cake that is often served during special occasions and festivals.
- Chotpoti – a street food snack made of chickpeas, potatoes, tamarind, and spices.
- Kabab (Kebab) -Kabab is a popular dish in Dhaka and throughout Bangladesh, made from minced meat (usually beef, chicken, or lamb) that is seasoned with spices and grilled on skewers over an open flame.
Food Tour Dhaka Pricing for International Tourists
|Package Name||Pax (Person)||Price (Per Person)|
|Small Group||2-3||50 USD|
|Standard Group||4-6||40 USD|
|Large Group||7 - Unlimited||30 USD|
Tour Meeting Point & Ending Point
** Bangladesh National Museum, Shahbagh Road, Dacca.
Opposite of Shahbagh Police Station.
**Hotel/Airport Pickup & Drop off by (uber) Additional: 15 $ per car.
To Reduce Hotel/Airport Pickup and drop-off charges, you can use Uber by yourself to reach the Bangladesh National Museum.
Book Food Tour in Dhaka
What is the best time of day to go on a food tour in Dhaka?
Many food vendors in Dhaka are open throughout the day, but some of the best street food can be found after 3PM.
Are vegetarian and vegan options available in Dhaka?
Yes, there are many vegetarian and vegan options available in Dhaka’s food scene. We have a lot of items to eat on this food tour. Among them, we have many food items which are acceptable to vegetarians. Some of the items are Chotpoti, fuchka, Bhelpuri, Mashed Banana, Pistachio Nut Milk, Village Cakes and many more.
What should I wear on a food tour in Dhaka?
Over 90% of the population is Muslim in Bangladesh. You can dress modestly when visiting food stalls and restaurants. Women should cover their shoulders and wear skirts or pants that come below the knee. Men can wear shorts as we are not visiting any mosque on this tour.